Parenting program available for parents of 10-18 year olds!
Would you like to learn how to:
- be better at talking with your teen?
- be better at understanding your teen?
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions?
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen?
- teach your teen to deal with conflict?
This program is a six week evidence based program for parents of 10-18 year olds run for 2 hours per week. It was developed by Mindful Centre at Melbourne University.
The program will teach you how to manage your own and your adolescent’s emotions in ways that help you to remain close and keep communicating. By learning these skills, you are less likely to have as much conflict within your family and your teen is more likely to talk to you about the challenging issues they face. These are factors that have been found to reduce the risk of mental health and substance abuse problems.